Thursday, July 19, 2012

I think I'm going to write a whole blog post about board games. When I tell people my family is a board game family I don't think they quite know what I mean. Often I get a question like "So what board games does your family play?" and I respond "The real ones" and then come back with "Oh like Monopoly!" and then I just smile and say "No". Because the truth is I mean real board games.
Do me a favor, click on this link:
http://boardgamegeek.com/familygames/browse/boardgame

These are the top rated family board games. How many of them have to heard of? Maybe Ticket to Ride? Settlers of Catan if you are a BYU student for sure.

My family owns 12 out of the top 40. Not to mention my dad trades board games so I've played even more on that list. (Yeah, my dad trades board games. Like drugs. He meets people at gas stations and they exchange games. It's so funny.)

And these are intense games. Most take 2+ hours. One night my dad and my siblings played games from 8pm-2am. We called it a "board game marathon" and it was such a blast.

Now I come here and I don't own any of these games so I sit around and play cards, Monopoly, or the worst yet, Killer Bunnies. Never. Ever. Again. I sit around and feel sorry for the people who have never played Kingsburg or Carc or Jaipur {Or as I like to call it "Jai Ho". And yes I sing that song every time we pull it out.} They don't even know what they're missing.

Luckily the boys in Yorktown 1 have Ticket to Ride so if I'm ever cravin' a real good game I'll just go over there.

But get this, I was at the D.I. the other day and I found one of my fam's party favorites, "Faces". And it was only $2!!! So of course I bought it and made all my friends play. They loved it. I loved that they loved it. We all had such a jolly good time.


Anyways, I'm done talking about board games. I hope you all gained some knowledge and now go out and play some good games. BYU has a club that meets every week to play good board games. Sometimes I go. My dream is that some hot guy shows up one week, but each week it's the same old nerdy people. But I love it all the same :)

No comments:

Post a Comment