Christmas Day 2012 according to Jessica Elizabeth:
Well actually let's start with Christmas Eve.
In the Charters' household we open the wrapped presents that have been sitting under the Christmas tree on Christmas Eve. This means gifts from grandparents, friends and each other. We usually read Luke 2 first, but this year we watched Mr. Kruger's Christmas. I could go on and on about how much I love this movie, but I will just say that I love it and everyone should watch it. There is something really beautiful in its simplicity. THEN we opened presents!
{Nice photo bomb, Jenn.}
Later that night we went to bed, woke up too early {8:30am} and ran up to see all the gifts that Santa had left us! I was surprised with lots of stuff I needed for Jerusalem which was awesome!! I got the perfect size of portal iPod speakers. I also got a cute bag, adorable bejeweled jeans (which my mamma calls my "bling blings" hahah), and an adorableee scarf! Success! A lot of photos were taken but no one wants to see my 8am face. Trust me.
I feel so blessed. Christmas has this way of making you feel on top of the world and yet makes you realize that it is all because of our Savior, Jesus Christ and that knowledge just makes me feel so much joy and love. There is a part in Mr. Kruger's Christmas when he dreams he is at the nativity when Christ is born. He says a line that is so beautiful. He says to the Savior, "I love you. You are my closest, my finest friend and that means I can hold my head high wherever I go." That is exactly how I feel. I can not wait to serve a mission and help people come to know the Savior. Who He is, what He has done, and, as many seem to forget, what He continues to do for us if we but open our eyes.
My favorite gift. By far :) 2 more weeks exactly!!!
Then all of today we spent our time playing games, singing karaoke (Jenn's gift), playing Rock Band (Dallin's gift), eating candy, laughing, and just enjoying the spirit of Christmas. It was an awesome day. Memories to last a lifetime for sure.
But of course what would a Charters' fun filled day be without a good board game!!!
Airlines (by the makers of Ticket to Ride). Super fun!
What a beautiful day. Merry Christmas to all. I love you all so much!!!
xoxo Jess




No comments:
Post a Comment