This weekend was fun.
Friday was fun from the time I woke up! I woke up and my roommates were all up too which is a rare occasion so I got to talk to Jess and Larisa while getting ready, which is always so much better than being by myself. Driving to work I listened to good music, which usually I just sit in silence thinking "I hate life. Why am I up this early?" so that was good! Work was easy and fun, no stress. And thennnn...
I WENT SHOPPING! Holllla!
I got this jean shirt at Ross. I've been wanting a jean shirt forever so that was exciting. And it fits Jerusalem requirements so I can wear it for longer than 2 months!! I also got another shirt which was also way cute, but I didn't take a picture.
Then it was time to go volunteer at Timpanogos Elementary School which is my favorite part of the week! I work with the kindergartners which is just too fun. They ate their snack while I quizzed them on Disney trivia and then we played Bingo, but none of them know how to read so I basically played 6 games of Bingo at the same time. Let me tell ya, it was kind of a challenge. I wish I had a picture to go along with this, but I don't.
Then I went to class! {Well first me and Katie got lunch for free from good ol' Liberty Square}. Now I usually don't like going to History on Fridays because it's from 3-4 pm and by that time I just want to relax, but we learned about the Social Contract and it was really, really interesting. The time flew by. It got me thinking about government and truth and before I knew it my walk home from school was over.
I was HOME FREE!
Me and the roommates got ready real fast for the football game because it was an early one. We made the trek over to the football stadium where we spent 10 minutes watching them tend to a hurt Hawaiian player. Then 3 minutes after they started playing again another player got hurt. Both were taken off to the hospital, kind of scary/sad. Football is such a scary sport, but I still want my boys to play. Here is us at the game:
We won! After the game about a thousand people came over to our apartment and we made popcorn and fries and we even carved a pineapple. My friend Jon and I decided to leave it on our friend Race's doorstep. He loved it. But then again, how could you not?
So after that fun night I went to bed, except I could not sleep. I felt extremely sick. So from 2-4 am I laid in my bed staring at the ceiling wishing I was anywhere but there. I was just miserable. I had to cancel breakfast plans with my girls (Kels & Berg) so that I could sleep in a little more. I woke up feeling a bit better and after I took some medicine I was back to almost normal, except I still couldn't really eat for the whole first half of the day.
Then I went to Rebekah's BABY SHOWER!!! Me and Bekah babe met last summer and were really close friends all of last year and now she's married and having a lil' baby boy! It was so fun to see her and catch up a bit. Here is a picture of me and Bekah last year. Love this girl.
Then I headed up to my grandma's house in South Jordan where I did laundry and homework for a good few hours. So productive. Then I met up with my best friend in the world {who also happens to be my cousin} AMANDA!!!! We caught up {big time} and got ready for her sister/my cousin, Rachel's sweet 16 where I got to be the videographer. I just being a videographer! It was an Old Hollywood themed dance party. Too cute.
Rachel's Party.
Then today consisted of going to church, me Amanda and Rach driving back to Provo, crashing and taking naps, celebrating Rach's birthday at their grandma's house by eating dinner and cake and ice cream, and going for a lovely walk in the park behind their grandma's house. We also climbed a tree. ("Hey look at me! Do I look like I'm in Flipped??" {keys drop out of my pocket} "Awkward." haha I love my best friend.) It was a good time. Plus, we love Fall, a lot. A TON. Actually we made our entire bucket list for October today in church. It's a good one, let me tell ya.
This is us just enjoying fall.
Then before I knew it I was back at Liberty. Here I am not wanting to finish up my Mission Prep homework soooo I'm going on a walk with Kelsey and Bergen instead. Hahah, life is good and it's only getting better!



No comments:
Post a Comment