Friday, September 2, 2011

Today was my first day working for BYU Broadcasting!! First off, let me explain what my job is. BYU Broadcasting has 3 TV networks (byutv, kbyu, & byu international). Because the networks aren't profitable they don't have commercials, but they do have "promotional breaks" in between shows. Those breaks promote other shows on the channel, etc. That's where I come in! I assign which "promo" [as we call them] goes where on BYU International! The job is mostly looking at when shows are assigned to air, making sure we have a "promo" for it (this requires making one if needed), then scheduling all breaks. So far I've just been training. I've learned so much! My boss emailed me today to tell me she was very impressed with how fast I'm catching on :) So that was a good sign, for sure!

So I walked in this morning at 8:15 am. The receptionist called down Sandy (my wonderful boss) and I went up to meet with HR. They gave me a quick little lecture on some need-to-know things about working for BYU Broadcasting. After that, I met who was training me. IT WAS NICHOLE! My Y group leader!! (For those who don't know what a Y group leader is: She was my group leader all through orientation. She was so super helpful and fun all through orientation so needless to say I was very happy to be working with her.) Before I started working with Nichole, Sandy gave me a tour of the whole building. Which, I must say, is beautiful! (see picture below.) It's a brand new building and simply amazing. [Plus, I have my own little desk area right next to a whole wall of windows. It's soo nice.] Then I started training w/ Nichole. It went good! I'm slowly getting the hang of everything. Still much to learn, but today was a good start for sure.

It's crazy for me to think that what I pick to play is shown across the ENTIRE WORLD. Although it really is only breaks (not even breaks I create, ones I schedule haha), I think it is crazy cool! I love it. I'm soo excited to work for BYU Broadcasting and w/ BYU International. Maybe I'll brush up on my Spanish ;) I love it. I feel so blessed to work here!

No comments:

Post a Comment