Sunday, April 26, 2015

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy."

This month (April) has been filled with a routine lifestyle consisting with work and all of life demands. However, at the beginning of the month for some reason I remember going to bed on the last day in March and thinking - "Hey, it's April tomorrow, I should have a fresh start,  I should have a theme!" (For anyone who knows me well knows I love my themes haha) Well I thought the theme of April should be JOY. March was a lot of new. New state, new town, new roommates, new apartment, new jobs, new friends. NEW everything. It was great and now that I was adjusted I could truly, as the quote above states, pause in my pursuit of happiness and just be happy. So although it was a routine month, it was SO FUN. 

Let me share just a few highlights:

West Indies Mission Reunion: Besties in the Westies
We just can't wait for our mission president to come home in July!

Enjoying the day of General Conference, then having a party when the boys were at Pristhood Session {girls night out}.

Attempted {and succeed at times/failed at others} to eat healthier....me and my cousins took photos of our meals to send to one another for motivation - it really works, try it out!



In Trinidad (where my mission home was located) they put a "D" for "the". Ex: there is a store called "All of D' Rite Stuff". So with that is perspective... this is D'crew going to Cali for D'homecoming of D'lovely Sister Smith.





Went a little crazy at the Parachute concert

Ate too many oreos for Hallie's birthday
THEN SCHOOL FINALLY ENDED so people could actually hang out. Themed graduation parties, taking graduation photos, and a random night of bowling in the park with new friends.


And then a sleepover at a cabin in Heber last night complete with the most delicious smores.

Life is oh so good.
Happy April.
xoxo Jess



No comments:

Post a Comment