Last night I was able to volunteer at the MTC {Missionary Training Center}. I had never been inside the MTC so it was super awesome to be able to see a little bit of what it's like. As a volunteer you are asked to pretend like you're an investigator of the church & have the missionaries teach you a discussion. I actually didn't do the acting, I was with another kid who did. Instead I just got to watch. The elders did a good time teaching! Anyways, it made me want to serve a mission even more. I love the church. I love the gospel. I love my Savior. And I just want to share what I believe with everyone! I've wanted to serve a mission for almost my whole life as a result of my Mom, her example, and her love for missionary work.
My mom served a mission in Haiti. Which would be crazy! I couldn't even imagine going somewhere like that, although I think it would be really awesome. This is a picture of my sweet mother on her mission:
And this is a picture of her later when she taught at the MTC:
I love missionary work! It's so neat watching all my guy friends get their calls. It seems like every week or so there is someone new getting their call! So exciting. As I was walking back from the MTC I was thinking about how happy missionaries always are. It's because they are dedicating all their time everyday to the Lord and they are constantly busy serving others. I realized that I could be doing that now! It was a great experience & I plan to go back and do it again sometime soon! Maybe this time I will actually do the acting, haha.
I love missionary work! :] happy sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment