{Life as an RM}
Hello again! I am home!!
I returned home from my mission in the West Indies December 4, 2014. It was simply wonderful. I can't fully describe the feelings you have as a full-time missionary. You experience peaks so high and pits so low. It's kind of like a quilt - every tread being a different experience, some bad (such as when you have just called into houses way too long and you still have 2 hours before your next appointment), some good (such as when a member invites you over to give a family home evening lesson), and some can't-ever-forget-in-this-life experiences. When you are in the field you are just threading them all together and then when it is finally over you are able to step some steps back, look at it as a whole, and marvel over the beauty of it all. It's kind of crazy. Also, a mission is such a perfect analogy from a loving Father on what our mortal experience is. I can't get over it. I just loved it.
Well, it was an eventful year and a half, and now I'm home.
I remember landing for the first time in America and thinking - why is everything so nice? I saw my sweet family at the airport {click here for a video of it} and as we drove home I thought - can I really look at instagram? I remember walking into our house and thinking - We have carpet?! I was pretty excited about that one since there is hardly any carpet in the Caribbean. Things that are normal here just aren't normal as a full-time missionary, hence why everyone says a "transition time" is needed between being a missionary and being back to a normal human I guess you could say, haha.
Well, seeing as I have been home for 3.5 weeks now I would say it is safe to assume my major "transition time" is completed. It's been interesting, but good. I've spend a lot of time with my family and catching up with old friends. I have also spent a lot of time organizing things, buying new clothes, and trying to mesh Jessica together with Sister Charters - still a work in progress.
We had a brief trip to California before Christmas. We spent a couple days in Universal Studios - my first time! (Oh and I have an annual pass now, so anyone up for a trip to California in the next 12 months, I'm down.) Then spent a couple relaxing days at my grandparents in a small town named Reedley in central California. Oh how I love small towns.
Christmas was beautiful and simple this year. I just love this time of year. #sharethegift
I'm so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm grateful for a loving Savior. I'm so grateful for my absolute knowledge that we are never alone, that there is great purpose to life, and that our merciful Heavenly Father has individual plans for us, His children. I'm so grateful for the temple and the plan of happiness. I just feel tremendously blessed.
Oh, and I saw the Hobbit. It was my very first Lord of the Rings movie. I actually really loved it.
Love life and it'll love you right back.
Keep on keeping on.
It's a good day to be a Mormon.
xoxo Jess
[BEFORE] First night home:
[AFTER] One week later:

You're the cutest! I'm so glad you're back and I can't wait to see you!
ReplyDelete