I am alive!
In case any of you were wondering I gave up blogging on my Jerusalem blog at the end of February because life kind of took off and didn't slow down! March consisted of studying too much for finals, killing myself during the worst finals week of my life, then relaxing the post-stress effects away during our one week trip to Turkey. {Can I just say Turkey is simply beautiful and I am entirely in love with every part of that country.}
Running around the beaches of Turkey.
Celebrating Holy Week.
April went by far too quickly and consisted of a 10-day escape to northern Israel to stay on the shores of the Sea of Galilee with my eighty best friends. What a perfect way to end our amazing experience together. Before I knew it I was running to hug my parents overlooking the sunset of Jerusalem after not seeing them for four months. I said a hard goodbye to my JC loves and me, my mom, and dad spent 5 days touring around Israel and then flew to the darling Paris & here I am!
Bonfire in Galilee. So much love!
"Jerusalem, if I forget you."
I AM IN LOVE WITH THE JC!
PARIS
I never would have dreamed I would be in Paris at age 20. It's been a dream come true! I have simply loved the past five days I've spent here. We've been staying in a little condo right near Notre Dame. It is the cutest little place! We've spent our days running around & being total tourists. {Yes, I read Rick Steves while walking around. Judge me if you will.} I've listened to "Les Miserables" while strolling the cobble-stone roads, "Hunchback of Notre Dame" while climbing the stairs of Notre Dame, the "Ratatouille" soundtrack while passing the several cafes along the street, "Anastasia" and even "Phantom of the Opera." Who knew so many wonderful musicals have the setting of Paris? I didn't realize it until my first night when I decided to download a Paris playlist. {Pure beauty, by the way.}
Let's look at some pictures, shall we? {More to be uploaded onto Facebook soon!}
Ahhhh Paris.
View from the Eiffel Tower!
Atop the Eiffel Tower. I'm on top of the world!!! Well, at least France. Okay, fine Paris.
We love taking the city bus to travel around.
Our cute little condo. Getting ready to head out for a busy day!
Me and my mom against the crowds of the Louvre museum.
Deep in thought at the Rodin museum!
Arc de Triomphe
Learning how to use the "miniature" feature on my camera. Kind of fun!
The Eiffel Tower at night! So beautiful & such a fun night with my parents!
Copying statues....always a must.
Such a beautiful view of the Eiffel Tower from the Arc de Triomphe
Creeping in the Catacombs of Paris. Yes, those are bones behind me... sooo creepy, but awesome!
Me and my main man, Victor Hugo {second to John Krasinski & Brandon Flowers}. I love, love the musical Les Miserables so it was so neat to walk through his apartment this afternoon.
Me {almost} kissing the desk where he most likely wrote much of Les Miserables.
Also, at his grave I had to yell to my dad "Hold me back!" because I love him {for writing Les Mis} that much.
Near the Basilique du Sacre Coeur
As I packed my bags tonight I said to my mom, "What a few past months I've had!". I seriously have been living the dream!! I've always wanted to travel and I'm going back to the states tomorrow having visited four more countries (Israel, Jordan, Turkey & France). Life is so good! I feel so blessed. I can't wait to leave on my mission and show my gratitude to God for all He has done for me by teaching and loving His children in the Caribbean. 18 days & counting.
I will try and be better at blogging for the few weeks I'm in Arizona. I plan to have a busy but awesome last few days until I jet off again! Love you all!!
xoxo Jess


No comments:
Post a Comment